Thursday, November 19, 2009

plight.

i pay homage to my land. the land of the awakened sea. it is a vicious sea, masquerading around what i thought was the intrinsic eye, but instead, the open wound of the swollen womb. her eyes are made of steel and her hands are covered in scars. the color of her skin, fair, but the open pores seep natures bloody dispair. she's not so transparent anymore. but my impending love is still there. holding on to every last hair, she sheds. and i recklessly grasp on to more. ripping out strand by strand in utter desperation for just a moment of her lost stare. she cries golden tears from under her steel lash, but remains still, as i grab those too, a figment of the past. and as she keeps her rigid head turned from the sight of my plight, ceasing all inhabition, she punishably says goodbye.
and that is when my fallen hands became limbs, for they could never betray their kin as she did.


i miss loving her.

1 comment:

  1. At some point I would really like to talk to you about your writing.

    But for now, regarding tomorrow, Please enjoy your time with your sister! Plans sort of fell through anyway (mostly because I went to a memorial service for someone I didn't even know today, and was moved emotionally more than I have been at any other service and I just want to stay home tomorrow) I know we will have time to sit across from each other at some point and tomorrow just wasn't the right time. I hope you have a really nice week this week!

    ReplyDelete